From: J_Goddard via AccessMonster.com on
Hi -

To "link" to a file, use:

File - Get External Data - Link Tables

Set the Files of Type dropdown to dBase ... (.dbf), navigate to the directory
where the file is, select the .dbf file, and click "Link". IIRC, some
indexed .dbf files use associated index (.IDX ??) files - are these present,
if they are needed?

John

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

From: Steve on
Not able to link because .idx file is not present.

"J_Goddard via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi -
>
> To "link" to a file, use:
>
> File - Get External Data - Link Tables
>
> Set the Files of Type dropdown to dBase ... (.dbf), navigate to the directory
> where the file is, select the .dbf file, and click "Link". IIRC, some
> indexed .dbf files use associated index (.IDX ??) files - are these present,
> if they are needed?
>
> John

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3