From: Cam on
Hi

I am trying to open multiple instances of Excel using the runas command from
the DOS prompt. I am following the DOS command line method because the
start->menu->..Excel and selecting 'Run As' method is not working.

I get the following error when using the runas command:

runas /user:campc.mydomain.com\cam2 "
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft
Office\Excel.exe"

Enter the password for campc.mydomain.com\cam2:
Attempting to start C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe as user "campc.mydomain.com\cam2" ...

RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe
5: Access is denied.

The user cam2 is set up with admin privileges. How can I solve this access
error?
From: joel on

try running as a command with the slash c option

cmd/c runas /user:campc.mydomain.com\cam2 "

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Bob I on
Perhaps clicking the Excel Icon in the Quick Launch bar would be easier
way to start multiple instances?

Cam wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to open multiple instances of Excel using the runas command from
> the DOS prompt. I am following the DOS command line method because the
> start->menu->..Excel and selecting 'Run As' method is not working.
>
> I get the following error when using the runas command:
>
> runas /user:campc.mydomain.com\cam2 "
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft
> Office\Excel.exe"
>
> Enter the password for campc.mydomain.com\cam2:
> Attempting to start C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
> Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe as user "campc.mydomain.com\cam2" ...
>
> RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
> Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe
> 5: Access is denied.
>

> The user cam2 is set up with admin privileges. How can I solve this access
> error?

Pages: 1
Prev: Allow Users to Edit Ranges
Next: Excel Jululian