From: Emma on
I should also mention that at the bottom of the 'Allow Users to Edit Ranges' dialog box in a check box that can copy the permissions to new workbooks ...

Emma

Emma Farrell wrote:

Allow Users to Edit Ranges
23-Apr-10

I realise this is an old thread but the solution is still worth putting out there ... try the following:

- Lock all the cells that you don't want edited (whether it be formula or formatting) Format Cells/Protection

- Go to Tools menu, under 'Protection' select the menu item below 'Protect Sheet' which should be 'Allow Users to Edit Ranges'

- In the dialog box select 'New', select the range(s) that you would like to allow the users to change the values of

- Protect your sheet

That should solve your problems

HTH
Emma

BOOK REVIEW: Effective C#, Second Edition [Addison Wesley]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b2f8766d-a4c1-4d5a-97af-c38852b3b455/book-review-effective-c.aspx