From: grant little on
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Thierry CONSTANT <thierry.constant1(a)free.fr
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using samba 3.0.24
>
> Is it possible to grant access to a samba share
> to an Active Directory group ?

yes. look at the various docs. There's a bunch of ways to do this.

> I have a samba share, I want an AD group can access
> it (read) without a password, is it possible ?
>
> maybe, depends on the client accessed from. From OS X you'll need a
password most every time but from windows if you are already logged into a
windows domain as an AD user then once things are set up on samba you can
connect without further authentication.

BTW with that version of samba you may have problems with windows 7 clients,
I'm not sure exactly what versions are need, you need to look on the wiki