Prev: Dat sach qua mang
Next: news
From: Paul Shapiro on
Have you installed all Vista and Office service packs? A lot of performance
issues in both were fixed. Check your antivirus configuration to be sure it
is not scanning mdb files.

Vista might be a little slower than XP, and Access 2007 is slower than 2003,
but a new computer is probably so much faster than the old one that it
should more than make up for that difference. Vista does run a little more
slowly the first few days, while indexing the disk drive, but after that it
should not be noticeably worse than XP.

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"John" <{nospam}jtas(a)bigpond.com> wrote:

>Hi there - until last week I ran a database on MS Access XP. However I have
>since moved to Vista Home Premium and have found that the database now runs
>very slow, especially with filtering and queries etc.
>
>Would vista me a cause of this.

Yes. in particular SMB signing. Search at
http://granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm for Vista.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP