Prev: Dat sach qua mang
Next: news
From: John on
Hi there - until last week I ran a database on MS Access XP. However I have
since moved to Vista Home Premium and have found that the database now runs
very slow, especially with filtering and queries etc.

Would vista me a cause of this. (I will be moving to Windows 7 when it's
available as part of a dell promotion when I bought a new computer last
weel)

Regards
John

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on

"John" <{nospam}jtas(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Hi there - until last week I ran a database on MS Access XP. However I
> have since moved to Vista Home Premium and have found that the database
> now runs very slow, especially with filtering and queries etc.
>
> Would vista me a cause of this. (I will be moving to Windows 7 when it's
> available as part of a dell promotion when I bought a new computer last
> weel)

You don't say how much memory you have. Access runs fairly snappily on Vista
with 3 GB of memory and nothing else running.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Fred on
Or you could upgrade to XP :-)

From: David W. Fenton on
=?Utf-8?B?RnJlZA==?= <Fred(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Or you could upgrade to XP :-)

Or, soon, to Windows 7, which was widely reported in 3rd-party tests
of the beta to be FASTER than not just Vista, but faster than WinXP.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: John on
Running 4 G ram. Looks like though that I'll have to wait for Windows 7.
John
"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arvinm(a)mvps.invalid> wrote in message

> "John" <{nospam}jtas(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there - until last week I ran a database on MS Access XP. However I
>> have since moved to Vista Home Premium and have found that the database
>> now runs very slow, especially with filtering and queries etc.
>>
>> Would vista me a cause of this. (I will be moving to Windows 7 when it's
>> available as part of a dell promotion when I bought a new computer last
>> weel)
>
> You don't say how much memory you have. Access runs fairly snappily on
> Vista with 3 GB of memory and nothing else running.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access