From: SIS01 on
Hi, good day!

Helpme please.!

I have two servers
Server1. With Windows server 2008 (this is the only domain controler 2008)
Server2. With windows server 2003 (this is NOT a domain controler and is
just a client of the DC 2008)

I have several Clients, with XP and Vista an all them belongs to the Domain
2008.

The Server2 has a shared folder with Read/Write permissions and security
enabled to All users of domain.

I need the clients have access to that folder located in Server2(2003)
But can't acces it because get error message "You have not access to Server1
..... Cant find user name".

Only Administrator accounts can access that folder.
Whyyyy???

I hope you can understand my poor enlgish.
Thanks in advance.

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"SIS01" <sis01(a)msf.org.mx> wrote in message
> Hi, good day!
>
> Helpme please.!
>
> I have two servers
> Server1. With Windows server 2008 (this is the only domain controler
> 2008)
> Server2. With windows server 2003 (this is NOT a domain controler and is
> just a client of the DC 2008)
>
> I have several Clients, with XP and Vista an all them belongs to the
> Domain 2008.
>
> The Server2 has a shared folder with Read/Write permissions and security
> enabled to All users of domain.
>
> I need the clients have access to that folder located in Server2(2003)
> But can't acces it because get error message "You have not access to
> Server1 .... Cant find user name".
>
> Only Administrator accounts can access that folder.
> Whyyyy???
>
> I hope you can understand my poor enlgish.
> Thanks in advance.

You must create matching user names / passwords on your Win2003 server.