From: Dan J. Hempey on
Hello

How can I overwrite the \*.vol Files?
They are all "in use", can I kill some processes to overwrite them?

cemail.vol
mxip_system.vol
mxip_initdb.vol
mxip_notify.vol
mxip_lang.vol

Thanks a lot

Dan

From: Michael Gledhill <mikeg @ extendsys . on

Hmm, I'm not quite sure *why* you're so keen to delete these
files... but if you want to try stopping processes so you can
delete them:

Download the 30-day demo of SQLCE Database Viewer from
www.pocketpctoolkit.com

It's main use is for modifying data in SQLCE / SQL Mobile .sdf
databases, but it also has a very cool Process Viewer/killer function.
You can view and stop your device's processes from your Desktop.
It also has a full File Manager style interface, so you can also try
and delete your devices files from there.

As I said though, personally, I'd leave those .vol files alone...!

Mike