From: Mark Andrews on
I have a client that wants to get a copy of the Access97 runtime. I tried
searching and can't seem to find it anywhere on the web (free or paid).
I'm not sure if Access97 put the runtime in some sort of Office Developer
product or not?

I have trouble remembering what happened last week, so remembering details
about 13 years ago is causing me some troubles.

Perhaps a product that installs and uses the Access97 runtime might work if
he can't get a hold of the runtime by itself.

They do NOT want to install any other version of the runtime, due to
configuration dialogs between versions etc....

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Access 97 runtime is created froma Developer's Toolkit, although it can be
simulated by adding a /r switch to the startup shortcut. With some fancy
manipulation, Access 97 can be setup no to reconfigure when started.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Gina Whipp on
Mark,

It was a separate package and if I remember correctly not that cheap. I am
not sure you can get a copy unless you got one when it came out. (I'm
pretty sure I got it on an old machine around somewhere but I still using.)
I assume you tried places like Amazon.com? Do you have an MSDN license?
Might be available there.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: Mark Andrews on
I tried amazon. I just tried eBay. I have an old copy of Access97 (I had
to install it to make a tweak on his database). I'm trying to get on his
good side so I can do the big conversion of his entire Access97 system to
Access 2007 (it sounds like it's pretty big).

However he asked me to search out a way to get the Access97 runtime said he
couldn't find it anywhere so I tried a little and had the same luck.

I think I'll just tell him to buy some copies of Access97 (full version) if
he insists on being legal. They do have those on Amazon and eBay for $30 to
$80.

Thanks for your help,
Mark

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Mark Andrews" <mandrews___NOSPAM___(a)rptsoftware.com> wrote:

>I have a client that wants to get a copy of the Access97 runtime. I tried
>searching and can't seem to find it anywhere on the web (free or paid).
>I'm not sure if Access97 put the runtime in some sort of Office Developer
>product or not?

Yes, it was called the Office 97 Developers Edition.

I very likely have it here somewhere. Fully legal CD and case.
Make me an offer. <smile> tony at granite dot ab dot ca. I might
have trouble digging out the original receipt or even a copy thereof.
<bigger smile>

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP