From: William B. Lurie on
I run Windows 98 in VPC 2004 because, although I have
a fully legal Windows 98, drivers for 98 are no longer
available. I have no trouble with A-drive.

Is there a KB article telling how to read from the CD
drive? Thank you.
From: Steve Jain on
"William B. Lurie" wrote:

> I run Windows 98 in VPC 2004 because, although I have
> a fully legal Windows 98, drivers for 98 are no longer
> available. I have no trouble with A-drive.
>
> Is there a KB article telling how to read from the CD
> drive? Thank you.
> .

there's nothing to write a KB about. If you have a CD in the host's CD
drive, you simply mount the correct drive letter to the Win98 VMs CD.
If you only have 1 optical drive on the host, you should be able to simply
see the CD in Win98, or worst case, mount or attach it from the VM's system
tray.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP

From: William B. Lurie on
Steve Jain wrote:
> "William B. Lurie" wrote:
>
>> I run Windows 98 in VPC 2004 because, although I have
>> a fully legal Windows 98, drivers for 98 are no longer
>> available. I have no trouble with A-drive.
>>
>> Is there a KB article telling how to read from the CD
>> drive? Thank you.
>> .
>>
> there's nothing to write a KB about. If you have a CD in the host's CD
> drive, you simply mount the correct drive letter to the Win98 VMs CD.
> If you only have 1 optical drive on the host, you should be able to simply
> see the CD in Win98, or worst case, mount or attach it from the VM's system
> tray.

Right on, Steve. Musta just not done it right last time.
It read my CD just fine...all I had to do was click on CD.