From: Ramchandra on
Hi All,
I have created one DSN for SAS (dsnsas) and one DSN for MS Access
database (dsnaccess) on my machine.
when I try to access sas dsn (dsnsas) from sas base I am getting
followinfg error

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [SAS][SAS ODBC
Driver][SAS Server]178 - TCP method
failed rc = -1005 (Unable to locate service.). :
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver
doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the
application requested (see
SQLSetEnvAttr).

But If I try to access MS Access dsn (dsnaccess) then it is connecting
properly.

I am using following sas base code.

PROC sql;
CONNECT TO ODBC(DSN='dsnsas');
QUIT;

Please let me know if anyone knows about this.

Thanks,
Ramchandra Nile

From: NordlDJ on

Ramchandra,

You need to provide a little more detail if you want to get useful advice.
Are you trying to access two different data sources, or are you trying to
access the same data source from SAS and MS Access?

I assume you are working on a MS Windows computer. What is your data
source? An MS Access database, a SAS dataset, a ...? It seems like you
might want to use an MS Access database in SAS. You should be able to do
that with the same DSN that you use for Access. If you write back to SAS-L
and describe what your data is like, and what you want to do with it,
someone (maybe even me) may be able to help you.

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Research and Data Analysis
Olympia, WA 98504-5204
From: Gerhard Hellriegel on
Your dsnsas is a logical name (LIBNAME ? ) for a SAS library? Is that right?
Or do you mean a SAS dataset (table)?
In both cases it is wrong to access that via ODBC! The ODBC connaction you
need to access you database, not a SAS structure. A SAS table is simply
accessed by

proc sql;
select * from libname.sastable;
quit;