From: JJ Lothin on
I've been trying to access a pst file I saved to disk, but when I try to
uncheck the 'Read only' box in file properties (which I presume is what's
stopping me accessing the file), I keep getting the message: 'You will need
to provide administrator permission to change these attributes'.

Any ideas of how I do this?

Thanks
From: neo on
Apparently your Windows Vista/7 workstation doesn't see you logged on with
local administrator rights and/or you don't have full access rights to the
file in question. Are you logging on with local administrator rights?

From: JJ Lothin on
Thanks for your reply! However, not only do I have local administrator rights
but I also logged in as administrator - to no avail: same message comes up.

Any other ideas?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Thanks for your reply! However, not only do I have local administrator
> rights
> but I also logged in as administrator - to no avail: same message comes up.

Clist the Start orb>Programs>Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt and
choose Run as Administrator. CD to the folder holding the file and enter

attrib -r filename

Does that help? If not, take ownership of the file and try again. The tool
mentioned here might be handy:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-take-ownership-shortcut.html
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: JJ Lothin on
Thanks, Brian, but access still denied with the attrib command.

Does the ownership thing work with Windows Vista, do you know?