From: Richard Mueller [MVP] on
I'm glad this accounts for what you see. Yes, changing membership in the
Printer Operators group will make the ACE get added or removed as
appropriate, but there is a time delay. A system process does this in the
background. You may need to wait 15 minutes or so.

--
Richard Mueller
MVP Directory Services

"mpatraw_EPIC_Imaging" <mpatrawEPICImaging(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:089E3787-753B-410C-A15E-0796D67B560C(a)microsoft.com...

From: Herb Martin on

"Richard Mueller [MVP]" <rlmueller-nospam(a)ameritech.nospam.net> wrote in
message news:uQApoZbwIHA.3384(a)TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> I'm glad this accounts for what you see. Yes, changing membership in the
> Printer Operators group will make the ACE get added or removed as
> appropriate, but there is a time delay. A system process does this in the
> background. You may need to wait 15 minutes or so.

Amazing (since) I didn't know that <grin>

From: Richard Mueller [MVP] on

"Herb Martin" <news(a)learnquick.com> wrote in message

> "Richard Mueller [MVP]" <rlmueller-nospam(a)ameritech.nospam.net> wrote in
> message news:uQApoZbwIHA.3384(a)TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> I'm glad this accounts for what you see. Yes, changing membership in the
>> Printer Operators group will make the ACE get added or removed as
>> appropriate, but there is a time delay. A system process does this in the
>> background. You may need to wait 15 minutes or so.
>
> Amazing (since) I didn't know that <grin>

Well, maybe I'm not completely correct. I tested by adding a user to the
Print Operators group, saw that the Account Operators ACE was still there,
waited about 15 minutes, and saw that the ACE was gone. I then removed the
user from the Print Operators group, saw that the ACE was still gone, and
assumed I would have to wait a similar period. I replied to the post. Since
then I have waited over an hour and the ACE has still not been restored to
the user account. I need to investigate some more, because I'd rather not
try to correct this myself unless I have to. Maybe the background process
runs less frequently than I thought.

Richard

From: Herb Martin on

"Richard Mueller [MVP]" <rlmueller-nospam(a)ameritech.nospam.net> wrote in
message news:uT9CeIcwIHA.3860(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

> "Herb Martin" <news(a)learnquick.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Richard Mueller [MVP]" <rlmueller-nospam(a)ameritech.nospam.net> wrote in
>> message news:uQApoZbwIHA.3384(a)TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> I'm glad this accounts for what you see. Yes, changing membership in the
>>> Printer Operators group will make the ACE get added or removed as
>>> appropriate, but there is a time delay. A system process does this in
>>> the background. You may need to wait 15 minutes or so.
>>
>> Amazing (since) I didn't know that <grin>
>>

> Well, maybe I'm not completely correct. I tested by adding a user to the
> Print Operators group, saw that the Account Operators ACE was still there,
> waited about 15 minutes, and saw that the ACE was gone. I then removed the
> user from the Print Operators group, saw that the ACE was still gone, and
> assumed I would have to wait a similar period. I replied to the post.
> Since then I have waited over an hour and the ACE has still not been
> restored to the user account. I need to investigate some more, because I'd
> rather not try to correct this myself unless I have to. Maybe the
> background process runs less frequently than I thought.

My guess is it will (might?) not do that in this direction.....

From: Wayne Tilton on

> "Richard Mueller [MVP]" <rlmueller-nospam(a)ameritech.nospam.net> wrote
> in message news:uT9CeIcwIHA.3860(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Herb Martin" <news(a)learnquick.com> wrote in message

>>> Amazing (since) I didn't know that <grin>
>>>

>> Well, maybe I'm not completely correct. I tested by adding a user to
>> the Print Operators group, saw that the Account Operators ACE was
>> still there, waited about 15 minutes, and saw that the ACE was gone.
>> I then removed the user from the Print Operators group, saw that the
>> ACE was still gone, and assumed I would have to wait a similar
>> period. I replied to the post. Since then I have waited over an hour
>> and the ACE has still not been restored to the user account. I need
>> to investigate some more, because I'd rather not try to correct this
>> myself unless I have to. Maybe the background process runs less
>> frequently than I thought.
>
> My guess is it will (might?) not do that in this direction.....

You need to re-enable inheritance on the individual objects, either via
the GUI or using some tool like DSACLS.

HTH,

Wayne Tilton