From: marlow on
I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and MS Office 2007. Time for
activation by internet. I get an message saying there was a communication
error, try again in a few minutes. I googled the error and found that a
possibility was the firewall. Windows' OWN firewall is blocking its
activation, and as soon as I turned off the firewall, it went through no
problem. That's dumb guys. Lots of programs cause a window to open asking
if I want to allow access or not. But for microsoft activation I get this
cryptic error. Your OS and apps really need to work better together, it
should be seamless more than any other application install. Can't tell you
how many times Windows Media Player would crash Windows.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c9081f41-5cb7-47ea-88f6-a7baad926e27&dg=microsoft.public.access
From: De Jager on

"marlow" <marlow(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and MS Office 2007. Time for
> activation by internet. I get an message saying there was a communication
> error, try again in a few minutes. I googled the error and found that a
> possibility was the firewall. Windows' OWN firewall is blocking its
> activation, and as soon as I turned off the firewall, it went through no
> problem. That's dumb guys. Lots of programs cause a window to open
> asking
> if I want to allow access or not. But for microsoft activation I get this
> cryptic error. Your OS and apps really need to work better together, it
> should be seamless more than any other application install. Can't tell
> you
> how many times Windows Media Player would crash Windows.

> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c9081f41-5cb7-47ea-88f6-a7baad926e27&dg=microsoft.public.access

Pages: 1