From: Lovespar on
I am trying to use a form to edit information in a table. I have an unbound
field to search for records by, working fine. But when I tried to put in some
combo boxes so that editing fields would be easier, the data in those fields
did not change when I changed the records. I must not have something right.
Some of the fields will be filled in, but some of them will not depending on
the record so I want the record to reflect what has already been entered.
thanks in advance
From: Armen Stein on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:43:01 -0800, Lovespar
<Lovespar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>But when I tried to put in some
>combo boxes so that editing fields would be easier, the data in those fields
>did not change when I changed the records. I must not have something right.
>Some of the fields will be filled in, but some of them will not depending on
>the record so I want the record to reflect what has already been entered.

Open the properties for the combobox. On the Data tab, look at the
ControlSource property. It should be set to a fieldname from your
form's recordset. Yours sound like they are unbound, meaning that the
data is just on the form and isn't attached to the underlying records.

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com

From: Lovespar on

From: De Jager on

"Lovespar" <Lovespar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use a form to edit information in a table. I have an unbound
> field to search for records by, working fine. But when I tried to put in
> some
> combo boxes so that editing fields would be easier, the data in those
> fields
> did not change when I changed the records. I must not have something
> right.
> Some of the fields will be filled in, but some of them will not depending
> on
> the record so I want the record to reflect what has already been entered.
> thanks in advance

Pages: 1
Prev: MS-Access 2007
Next: Activating Office 2007