From: Mojo on
Hi

I noticed an ActiveX DLL option to use a MS Word template with my ASP page,
but have had real problems getting this to work. Is it the case that I
can't even use this if I using a Shared Hosting ISP? I would have thought
the DLL registration process is all done on the client rather than the
server.

My feeble failed attempt is as follows:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>TestWord</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<OBJECT ID="clsTestWord"
CLASSID="CLSID:7366ED3D-A93D-404C-B971-1936C37B5DBB"
CODEBASE="TestWord.CAB#version=1,0,0,9">
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT Language="VBScript">
clsTestWord.ShowDoc "http://myurl.com/progress.dot"
</SCRIPT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Basically I:

* created a VB ActiveX DLL/Class Module
* created a public sub inside this module that basically opens up the .dot
and displays it.
* built the DLL
* used the package & deploy to get the CAB and the CLSID
* uploaded the asp file, the cab and the dot file to my host

All I get is Object doesn't support this property or method!

Any ideas?