|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Detecting IP address and shutting down Windows 7 applications from inside VB program
I have a Verizonn wireless data card for my laptop. Verizon imposes a strict limit of 5GB each month. While 5GB seems ample enough, one can quickly burn through this with automatic software updates, Itunes podcast subscriptions and automatic data backup services (like Carbonite). I'd like to create a Visual bas... 11 Aug 2010 23:33
Mike Williams' ideal world (Was: Bundling VB Files?)
On 03/08/2010 16:15, Mike Williams wrote: "Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message news:i397o6$gap$1(a)speranza.aioe.org... On 03/08/2010 12:10, Mike Williams wrote: Another one posting dotnet stuff on the Classic VB group. Sheesh! The question came under Miscellaneous VB so I ans... 3 Aug 2010 12:31
Bundling VB Files?
For most small projects, in VB6 and earlier, you could just email someone the form file, and VB would open it and away you go. I've recently been shifted to VB2008, which I find is full of needless complications. One of them is that you can't just send a form file: it appears that the information which used to... 6 Aug 2010 19:16
hooking into a window and peeking/poking memory
I want to open a game program of mine running in an windows emulator and read and write directly to offsets in that memory space. So I need the base address of the process/window. If I start it from my program maybe it will be easier to get the base address? I already have a program that will allow me to scrol... 28 Jul 2010 20:39
Adding reference to netmodule; vbc al
I am having trouble preparing two modules with a multifile assembly as described in <A href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ 226t7yxe.aspx">(Howto: Build a multifile assembly in the MSD .net Framework Developers Guide</A> I am using Visual Studio 10. Here is my batch file: vbc /t:module c.vb vbc ... 26 Jul 2010 12:43
Logic behing this Data structure
Dear All: This is the sample spread sheet i have. pat meds stdt spdt 111 ABC 1 . 111 CDE 130 150 111 NNN 132 140 111 GHI 160 170 111 LMN 165 . 111 OPQ 168 . 222 ABC 1 . 222 CBM 130 140 222 AAA 135 140 222 KHA 1 . ; run; I am trying to count the number of meds at differen... 15 Jul 2010 13:10
EOF Function Prematurely Terminates
I am using the End Of File (EOF) function within a simple function to count records in a text file. I have never had problems with this function until I began using it to count records in text files which include lower value ascii characters in the source text files. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~... 15 Jul 2010 13:10
Run Time Error 1004
Hi, I am trying to use the below code for moving all the tabs into seperate file and save them. But I am getting Run time error whenever the no. of tabs are more then 5. Anyone please help.. Private Sub Save_file() Dim sFileName As String Dim sPurpose As String sPurpose = InputBox(Prompt:=" Pl... 19 Jul 2010 23:26
Comparing two excel sheets
Dear All: I get excel sheet on monthy basis . and i am trying to provide a summary of differences(new rows, deleted rows and changed) between the present excel sheet and the one i got a month earlier . can this is achieved .. ? Thanks in advance Al ... 12 Jul 2010 17:22
Installing old Active-X Controls in Windows 7-64
I have an old 32-bit Active-X control that I would like to install on a Win7 Professional 64 machine to use with VB6. The trouble is Win7 will not allow the 16-bit installer to run. I have tried all the usual "run as XP" and "run as administrator" stuff, etc., but the 16- bit installer still will not work. I ha... 28 Jun 2010 18:21
ListSubItem
Is there something that needs to be set/reset to allow the following ForeColor and Bold to work. Error handler is in place. On Error GoTo ErrHandler I step through in the IDE with no errors but the ListView just ignores the code. Other ListSubItems methods such as work as expected: e.g. data read and write ... 26 Jun 2010 20:39
Advice on an Undo/Redo feature
Hi All I have a vb6 app that links to an Access DB. The basic premise of my app is that the user enters info into a MSFlexigrid of cells and this info is automatically updated in the db. The rundown is as follows: a) user right-clicks on a cell. b) popup menu of options appears above that cell. c) use... 22 Jun 2010 18:14
Flash 10 OCX update causing System Error crash in vb6 IDE
Hi All Has anybody else experienced problems when using flash ocx controls in your VB6 app since the latest Adobe flash player update came out?? I **think** I was on v. 10e and everything was rosey, a little message appeared on PC startup saying do you want to update your flash player, clicked yes and then all... 22 Jun 2010 14:55
What is a good replacement for the rebar/toolbar controls
I am looking for a decent replacement for the rebar and toolbar controls that doesn't rely on any other controls or dlls. Hopefuly it would be able to be setup at design time like the MS controls. I have done a bit of searching for terms such as vb6 ie style toolbar and I found one on vbaccelerator but it doesn... 22 Jun 2010 04:59
VSM 05/2002 Dan Fergus Article - Getting Debug Info from Production Apps
On 18/06/2010 11:52, Dee Earley wrote: On 18/06/2010 05:40, Michael Cole wrote: I'm trying to get a copy of the Fawcette VSM 05/2002 article by Dan Fergus on basically how to compile an app with the debug symbols on in order to get a stack trace, and it seems to be unavailable on the internet at Fawc... 18 Jun 2010 08:01
VSM 05/2002 Dan Fergus Article - Getting Debug Info from ProductionApps
On 18/06/2010 05:40, Michael Cole wrote: I'm trying to get a copy of the Fawcette VSM 05/2002 article by Dan Fergus on basically how to compile an app with the debug symbols on in order to get a stack trace, and it seems to be unavailable on the internet at Fawcette. Isn't it largely the "create symbolic... 18 Jun 2010 06:56
VSM 05/2002 Dan Fergus Article - Getting Debug Info from Production Apps
I'm trying to get a copy of the Fawcette VSM 05/2002 article by Dan Fergus on basically how to compile an app with the debug symbols on in order to get a stack trace, and it seems to be unavailable on the internet at Fawcette. Does anyone know how I get a hold of it, or has anyone got the similar information... 21 Jun 2010 15:47
Handling DPI changes in my vb6 app
Hi All I have created a multiple form app (only shows 1 form at a time though!) and it looks and works fine on most Win2000 - 7 machines. However, if a machine has been set up for any other dpi than the default setting of 96dpi (eg 120dpi) then my app has a huge grey appendedge to it and all of the buttons, sc... 16 Jun 2010 06:39
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11