First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Timer in a Standalone exe as a Service
Hi all, I'm about to run a Standard Exe app as a Service using NTSvc.ocx. My problem is how to run a Timer without a Form. I've been reading all kinds of links on Google for hours, but they all seem to involve a Form. I've also read that there could be a problem with CallBacks using NTSvc.ocx? /Henning ... 1 Jun 2010 19:43
Thanks to all contributors & results
I really want to say a large THANKS to everyone who gave their time and patience to helping me to come up with solutions for this project. Please know that in the beginning I didn't have much info to go on AND I knew absolutely nothing about working with Hex, Dec, or Asc. Now I'm a better VB6 programmer than I... 1 Jun 2010 18:36
Convert Hex val to Dec val or Chr()
Does anyone have a solution to convert a Hex string to its equivalent Dec or Chr() values? Thanks in advance -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc ... 1 Jun 2010 22:59
Common Controls Tab Control Defects when themed
What is the best way to resolve the graphical issues that the Tab control suffers from when using XP/Vista themes? ... 1 Jun 2010 08:37
Sort order multilanguage
Hi! After 5 hours searching for answer on the web, I'll try you folks in here. - I connect to a mdb. database from my VB6 app. - The mbd have "New database sort order" as "English" When my app is installed in some different language, all sorting av strings (names etc) is wrong. Of cource the reason is handling o... 26 May 2010 20:16
MSComm
Hi, Problem: Communicating with an external device using a RS-232/RS-485 simplex converter. The Rx/Tx is switched using DTR. I set SThreshold = 1 wich causes an OnComm with comEvSend when the last byte in the buffer is moved to the shiftout register in the UART. I have a Boolean TxOn that I set True before t... 27 May 2010 10:20
Identifying Modified Database Fields
Situation is as follows: - We have an SQL Server database table that is being updated in a synchronisation process from another source database, via code that loops through the source records, finds the corresponding records in the destination database, and updates relevent fields (via RDO, SELECT correspond... 26 May 2010 11:19
Explorer Right Context Menu
Hi, I have added an entry to the explorer right context menu, which allows me to secure clean a file, through my own program, by right clicking on it and selecting Erase With FileClean. This works fine, but how can I add multiple files to the list. Code used to add context menu option: fWriteValue "HKCU", ... 25 May 2010 14:37
URGENT !! WIN A LAPTOP FREE HURRY ! ! ! ! !
"Mr. BS" <mr.bs(a)invalid.com> wrote URGENT !! WIN A LAPTOP FREE HURRY ! ! ! ! ! Spammers and Scammers never sleep; always on the alert; always looking for someone to dupe. Once, they said, the sun never sets on the British Empire; now the sun never sets on the Spammers and Scammers. Whoop-tee-dooo. ... 15 May 2010 01:53
Between hard code writing hours
Hello, everybody! I know, my message is off topic. But I think, that it will be intresting for everyone in this discussion. I am talking about a site www.myletterworld.com. It helps creatively relax between hard code writing hours. Metal Storm ... 13 May 2010 18:15