From: Ole Engvoll on
Hi! After 5 hours searching for answer on the web, I'll try you folks
in here.
- I connect to a mdb. database from my VB6 app.
- The mbd have "New database sort order" as "English"

When my app is installed in some different language, all sorting av
strings (names etc) is wrong. Of cource the reason is handling of none-
english characters. I know it its possible in Access to change "New
database order", but how can I do that from VB6?

Thanx. Ole.
From: Helmut Meukel on
"Ole Engvoll" <ole(a)spectare.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi! After 5 hours searching for answer on the web, I'll try you folks
> in here.
> - I connect to a mdb. database from my VB6 app.
> - The mbd have "New database sort order" as "English"
>
> When my app is installed in some different language, all sorting av
> strings (names etc) is wrong. Of cource the reason is handling of none-
> english characters. I know it its possible in Access to change "New
> database order", but how can I do that from VB6?
>
> Thanx. Ole.

Ole,

I think you are looking for the CollatingOrder property.
Using DAO this property is ReadOnly for the Database object.
You can however change it for an existing mdb using the DAO
CompactDatabase method. Don't know if it's possible using
ADO.

Helmut.

From: Henning on
"Ole Engvoll" <ole(a)spectare.no> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi! After 5 hours searching for answer on the web, I'll try you folks
> in here.
> - I connect to a mdb. database from my VB6 app.
> - The mbd have "New database sort order" as "English"
>
> When my app is installed in some different language, all sorting av
> strings (names etc) is wrong. Of cource the reason is handling of none-
> english characters. I know it its possible in Access to change "New
> database order", but how can I do that from VB6?
>
> Thanx. Ole.

Seen this?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279401

/Henning

From: Henning on
"Ole Engvoll" <ole(a)spectare.no> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi! After 5 hours searching for answer on the web, I'll try you folks
> in here.
> - I connect to a mdb. database from my VB6 app.
> - The mbd have "New database sort order" as "English"
>
> When my app is installed in some different language, all sorting av
> strings (names etc) is wrong. Of cource the reason is handling of none-
> english characters. I know it its possible in Access to change "New
> database order", but how can I do that from VB6?
>
> Thanx. Ole.

And this

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3841368.php

/Henning

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Ole Engvoll" <ole(a)spectare.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Hi! After 5 hours searching for answer on the web, I'll try you folks
>> in here.
>> - I connect to a mdb. database from my VB6 app.
>> - The mbd have "New database sort order" as "English"
>>
>> When my app is installed in some different language, all sorting av
>> strings (names etc) is wrong. Of cource the reason is handling of none-
>> english characters. I know it its possible in Access to change "New
>> database order", but how can I do that from VB6?
>>
>> Thanx. Ole.
>

> Ole,
>
> I think you are looking for the CollatingOrder property.
> Using DAO this property is ReadOnly for the Database object.
> You can however change it for an existing mdb using the DAO
> CompactDatabase method. Don't know if it's possible using
> ADO.
>
> Helmut.

The link in Henning's second post refers to the same thing, just using
Access for the task.
Access is using DAO to compact the database. There is only one
difference:
DAO creates a new mdb named db1.mdb
When DAO is finished with the compacting, Access automatically
deletes the old still uncompressed file and renames the new one.
With VB your program has to do the killing and renaming.

Helmut.