First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Using VB6 to respond to web page
I am trying to automate the opening and signing in on a web page that requires a user name and a password. The code listed below works in Windows 7 64 bit, both in the IDE and compiled. In Windows 7 32 Bit it only works in IDE mode. When compiled the web page does not get the SendKeys. If I try to just send ... 14 Jun 2010 11:44
Arranging windows of an external application
I'm programming an external app using VB6. The window menu of this app contains only two options - Cascade & TileVerical (there is no tile horizantal). This functionality is not exposed in the API of the app. What I can get is the hWnd of the application window. What I want to do is to arrange the multiple docume... 14 Jun 2010 08:24
'original' FileOpen Dialog
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this problem. But I will go ahead and post it. VB, like all other softwares that we use, has a FileOpen dialog that is invoked by the File > Open menu. I believe that there is an 'original' version of this dialog which every software customizes according to its ne... 14 Jun 2010 09:30
Best way to fix status bar drawing issues
I have an app that refuses to cooperate when I turn wordwrap on then off while the status bar is visible. If I perform those actions, the status bar does not get drawn correctly. What is the best way of solving this. There must be a way as notepad seems to gracefuly handle it (I am currently just forbiding this... 13 Jun 2010 09:21
Best method of determining path, relative path and/or flie name
Folks I have a string which must contain just a file name, a sub folder and file name or a complath path and file name. So what's the best means of validating it? This file could be in the same path as the VB6 EXE. The simplest approach would be to see if it starts with a \\ or x: where x is A-Z. If so ... 16 Jun 2010 04:30
How to get the current column and line number of a text control
Hi all I am trying to get the current column and line number of a text control. I have tried sending the EM_GETLINEINDEX message to no avail using uMessage = RegisterWindowMessage("EM_GETLINEINDEX") . I thought I should be able to get the column with Me.ActiveControl.SelStart (i am using Me.ActiveControl becaus... 11 Jun 2010 10:18
Viewing of HTML Email Content w/ Embedded Images
Currently, we are receiving email feed into our application via POP3. What we would like to do is to view (and possibly work with) HTML emails, including those with embedded images, without having to save anything to disk, or any other "messy" operations. Reason being that some of our clients have restrictive... 18 Jun 2010 09:06
MSHFlexGrid not scrolling beyond 65,535 rows - see Q253211. Any fix?
I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up to near the top. I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks. MM ... 10 Jun 2010 16:46
Bug in ADO recordset Find method and Sort Desc
Raymon wrote: I have come across a bug in ADO recordset Find method when used in conjunction wirth Sort descending. To reproduce it try the following code fragment. Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim i As Integer Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset With rs .Fields.Append "id", adInteger .O... 9 Jun 2010 07:30
VBMacro to VB (VS 2008)
I have several VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS 2008. I don't know how to get the Application to run against an Excel Worksheet. Can someone help? I did start a project using VB-Excel template. My Macros are in a .bas file but when I import it, I get the following error: "Stateme... 8 Jun 2010 19:29
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12