From: MM on
I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
to near the top.

I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.

MM
From: DanS on
MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base
> article Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than
> 65,535) and when I scroll vertically, then release the
> scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up to near the top.
>
> I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?

It doesn't say but does this only happen when the control is
databound ?

Drop back 10 and punt ?

Change to a virtual Listview ?

Or HyperlistNG (to do the virtual listview the easy way)-
http://planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=
66732&lngWId=1 , but the OCX for this is huge @ around 600K.

From: Paul Clement on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:33:23 +0100, MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

� I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
� Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
� scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
� to near the top.

� I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?

Have you tried paging? You can't display that many rows at a time so why load them?

How To Display Recordset 'Pages' in an MSFlexGrid Control Without Loading Entire Recordset into the
Grid
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254117

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM formulated on Thursday :
> I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
> Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
> scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
> to near the top.
>
> I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?

I don't think that one supports a "virtual" mode, does it? I use the
ComponentOne grid (VSFlexGrid) in virtual mode whenever I get more than
a few thousand cells going. It's *lightening* fast, and has no
practical limits, when used that way.

Did you snag all those C1 controls when they were offered free?

From: David Kaye on
MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
>Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
>scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
>to near the top.

You might consider why you have so many rows. How is the user going to
navigate through all that? I'd suggest using some search criteria to whittle
the result set down to a reasonable size.

If you're simply linking the grid to a table this is the lazy way out. You
should be running a SQL and linking the result set programmatically.

I am working with a music database of 10,000 songs. This is way too many for
the user to work with, so I whittle it down based on genre, year, and other
search factors that make the resultset more palatable.