From: Sanjay Kulkarni on
I'm programming an external app using VB6. The window menu of this app
contains only two options - Cascade & TileVerical (there is no tile
horizantal). This functionality is not exposed in the API of the app.
What I can get is the hWnd of the application window.

What I want to do is to arrange the multiple documents windows in that
application - TileVertical / Cascade.

I believe I will have to us WinAPI.

I have searched for appropriate WINapi functions to perform this task.
And I'm getting more and more confused. Especially I don't understand
the parameters.

Can somebody guide me and tell me the WinAPI functions I should use,
and what values of parameters should I pass to those functions.

Just to remind you, I have only hWnd of the main window of my external
application.

By the way, is there any resource that explains what the WinAPI
function parameters mean?
From: mbyerley on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff657751(v=VS.85).aspx

From: Dee Earley on
On 13/06/2010 17:32, Sanjay Kulkarni wrote:
> I'm programming an external app using VB6. The window menu of this app
> contains only two options - Cascade& TileVerical (there is no tile
> horizantal). This functionality is not exposed in the API of the app.
> What I can get is the hWnd of the application window.
>
> What I want to do is to arrange the multiple documents windows in that
> application - TileVertical / Cascade.
>
> I believe I will have to us WinAPI.

See the WM_MDITILE message

> By the way, is there any resource that explains what the WinAPI
> function parameters mean?

MSDN library is the definitive source for Windows API documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team