First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Using a Proc at a location obtained with GetProcAddress (win32api) in VB6
I'm using VB6 (still). I have a USB device that works fine if it is plugged in before starting VB6. I need it to work if it is plugged in before or after VB6 is already running. This requires dynamically loading the dll functions. I called the LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress win32api functions to get the address... 13 Aug 2007 07:51
wshShell.Run error 80070483 VBScript form VBA excel
hi, i am trying to run a vb script from a VBA module in excel. fn = "test.vbs Set wshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") wshShell.Run (fn) in the line wshShell.Run (fn) i obtain an error error 80070483 method Run of object IWshShell3 failed it is the first time i do this, so i am not shure if i nee... 17 Jun 2007 09:18
Instancing problem with user control
I have a form on which I have used a user control, if I open the form, close and repeat this process then after a certain number of times (on my machine it was 50) I get the following error "Failed to load control 'uctPartyPCControl' from uctPartyPC.ocx. Your version of uctPartyPC.ocx may be outdated. Make sure... 7 Jun 2007 10:34
bloomberg api
Anyone know where I can get a description of available functions in the bloomberg API? For example functions from libraries bbfieldtable.dll, blpdatax.dll,blbreportviewer.dll ... 23 Apr 2007 05:03
Installing DAO350.DLL under Vista
Hi all, Does someone here has been able to install the file DAO350.DLL under Vista? When my InnoSetup installation package try to install it the following error shows up: c:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao350.dll Unable to register the DLL/OCX: DllRegisterServer failed; code 0x800... 12 Feb 2007 22:36
VB2005 and serial port
I made a VB2005 app which is *supposed* to open the serial port and receive data from it (the serial port is controlled by a SerialPort control named com0new). However, it fails with an exception: "UnauthorizedAccessException Access to the port 'COM1' is denied." COM1 is the only serial port my computer has,... 5 Dec 2006 08:19
MSComm and a Scanner
Currently I use the MSComm control to read a Symbol (HotShot) scanner and everything works fine. The only issue is that MSComm only reads the scanner 3-4 minutes after scanning. I figured it's an internal timer thing and due to the fact that the operator only needed to use the scanner every half hour or so, this ... 7 Dec 2006 00:11
ShellExecuteEx example
OK, I've tried everything I can think of to make this work. Even some suggestions from Google searches that specify that to make it work I have to pass the user type (SHELLEXECUTEINFO) ByVal instead of ByRef...which of course will not work. The Code snippets follow: <In the Main.bas> Public Const SEE_MASK_... 3 Dec 2006 06:31
Disk Imaging Utility
When I first started working on this project, I did not think this would be possible with Visual Basic, but to my surprise, I found enough information to create a nice imaging tool. The only issue, it only works with disk volumes. Although, this is still very useful, I would like to mimic the operation of commercia... 29 Oct 2006 09:50
Saving picture in VB6
Hello, In VB6 you can save a picture, image or drawing with SavePicture Picture1.Image. This saves an image in .BMP-format which is very large. Is there a way to save this image in an .JPG format or other format that produces smaller files? N.B. The picture i want to sve is very simple (graph with just a few c... 18 Oct 2006 16:54