From: Farhan on
I have a form on which I have used a user control, if I open the form,
close and repeat this process then after a certain number of times (on
my machine it was 50) I get the following error

"Failed to load control 'uctPartyPCControl' from uctPartyPC.ocx. Your
version of uctPartyPC.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using
the version of the control that was provided with your application."

Have tried quite a few things but all in vain, can anyone suggest what
could be the cause of this and a posible solution.

Any help will be much appreciated.

From: Ralph on

"Farhan" <FarhanUsmaani(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a form on which I have used a user control, if I open the form,
> close and repeat this process then after a certain number of times (on
> my machine it was 50) I get the following error
>
> "Failed to load control 'uctPartyPCControl' from uctPartyPC.ocx. Your
> version of uctPartyPC.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using
> the version of the control that was provided with your application."
>
> Have tried quite a few things but all in vain, can anyone suggest what
> could be the cause of this and a posible solution.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.

Most likely cause is a basic "out of memory"/"out of resources". While
controls are 'owned' by a container, they also often 'own' resources
themselves. Make sure the control is properly cleaning up after itself when
its container is destroyed.

There is also the rare (very rare) condition where the Form is actually
having trouble reloading (having not properly cleaned up previous instances)
and the error pointing to a specific control is bogus

You should be able to quickly determine the problem by a simple debugging.

-ralph