From: Manuel Collado on
I'm looking for an Ada95/2005 help or reference document indexed by
keyword (reserved word or standard library identifier).

The purpose is to integrate it into an academic IDE, so it should be
possible to put the cursor in the editing window over a meaningful word,
and invoke help about it.

So far I've found the ARM in several formats, but none of them can be
accessed as described. There is also the Ada wikibook, that also lacks
the required feature. Even GNAT/GPS seems to lack it.

Any common hiperlinked format is acceptable: WinHelp, HTML (local or
www), PDF, TexInfo, etc..

Does anybody knows if there exist such help system for Ada?

Thanks in advance.
--
Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado
From: Ludovic Brenta on
Manuel Collado wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> I'm looking for an Ada95/2005 help or reference document indexed by
> keyword (reserved word or standard library identifier).
>
> The purpose is to integrate it into an academic IDE, so it should be
> possible to put the cursor in the editing window over a meaningful word,
> and invoke help about it.
>
> So far I've found the ARM in several formats, but none of them can be
> accessed as described. There is also the Ada wikibook, that also lacks
> the required feature. Even GNAT/GPS seems to lack it.
>
> Any common hiperlinked format is acceptable: WinHelp, HTML (local or
> www), PDF, TexInfo, etc..
>
> Does anybody knows if there exist such help system for Ada?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Is http://www.stephe-leake.org/ada/arm.html what you are looking for?

HTH

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Georg Bauhaus on
Manuel Collado schrieb:
> I'm looking for an Ada95/2005 help or reference document indexed by
> keyword (reserved word or standard library identifier).
>
> The purpose is to integrate it into an academic IDE, so it should be
> possible to put the cursor in the editing window over a meaningful word,
> and invoke help about it.
>
> So far I've found the ARM in several formats, but none of them can be
> accessed as described. There is also the Ada wikibook, that also lacks
> the required feature. Even GNAT/GPS seems to lack it.

The wikibook has this feature. The book authors have made templates
that, if used, will make, e.g., a reserved word into a link to a pages
with info about the word. There are some programs and editor macro
files (Vim and Emacs) to help with automatic addition of such. These
are mentioned on the wikibook authors' pages (in wikibook.org).

One of these programs is the following. I should prepare an update,
though, for some new wikibook template syntax.
http://home.arcor.de/bauhaus/Tools/ASnip/

From: Kulin Remailer on
Manuel Collado <m.collado(a)invalid.domain> wrote:

> I'm looking for an Ada95/2005 help or reference document indexed by
> keyword (reserved word or standard library identifier).

> Any common hiperlinked format is acceptable: WinHelp, HTML (local or
> www), PDF, TexInfo, etc..

It seems to me the RMs linked from AdaIC are available in HTML format, with
hyperlink indices.

From: Georg Bauhaus on

$ open http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Keywords/for