From: Jerry on
I have an engineer friend who is a long-time employee of Honeywell
Flight Systems who claims that the Boeing 787 does not use Ada ("It's
an old language"). My friend, as i recall, manages a project involving
the airplane's entertainment system which he says uses C and C++ and
not Ada. I don't doubt that his subsystem uses C but a bit of web
research seems to indicate that the flight systems use Ada. Who is
right--the web or my friend who works on the airplane?
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
On 4 fév, 05:09, Jerry <lancebo...(a)qwest.net> wrote:
> I have an engineer friend who is a long-time employee of Honeywell
> Flight Systems who claims that the Boeing 787 does not use Ada ("It's
> an old language"). My friend, as i recall, manages a project involving
> the airplane's entertainment system which he says uses C and C++ and
> not Ada. I don't doubt that his subsystem uses C but a bit of web
> research seems to indicate that the flight systems use Ada. Who is
> right--the web or my friend who works on the airplane?

“ it's an old language ”

what about C and C++ ?

“ he says uses C and C++ ”
From: Jeffrey R. Carter on
Jerry wrote:
> I have an engineer friend who is a long-time employee of Honeywell
> Flight Systems who claims that the Boeing 787 does not use Ada ("It's
> an old language"). My friend, as i recall, manages a project involving
> the airplane's entertainment system which he says uses C and C++ and
> not Ada. I don't doubt that his subsystem uses C but a bit of web
> research seems to indicate that the flight systems use Ada. Who is
> right--the web or my friend who works on the airplane?

"It's an old language" is an odd reason not to use a language from someone who
uses C (much older than Ada) and C++ (about the same age as Ada).

--
Jeff Carter
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
From: Rick on
I may be prejudiced but I would have thought that the only safe place
in a plane to use C++ would be the entertainment system.
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
On 4 fév, 09:22, Rick <rickdu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I may be prejudiced but I would have thought that the only safe place
> in a plane to use C++ would be the entertainment system.

I would have though entertainment systems were build up using HTML+CSS
+JavaScript.

To have for serious words : I know in france, some military systems
were build using C++ (do not know if it's still the case, and I'm far
from this peoples, so I could not know).

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Temporary variables
Next: About the F-22 software bug