From: create_share on
Hi!

Is it possible to add Alarm Tones in Windows Mobile 6.1 Device (HTC HD)?

Thanks!
From: r_z_aret on
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 03:12:01 -0800, create_share
<createshare(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Is it possible to add Alarm Tones in Windows Mobile 6.1 Device (HTC HD)?

Yes. You just need to put a small mp3 or wav file in one of the
"right" places (where the settings tool will find them). I put
ringtones in
\My Documents\My Ringtones
I _think_
\My Documents\
would work.

>Thanks!

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: create_share on
After copying the wav file in My Documents and My Ring Tones folder it is not
visible in Alarm Tones. I am asking about Alarm Tones not Ring Tones.

Thanks!

From: r_z_aret on
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:51:01 -0800, create_share
<createshare(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After copying the wav file in My Documents and My Ring Tones folder it is not
>visible in Alarm Tones. I am asking about Alarm Tones not Ring Tones.

Yes, I know, and worded my earlier response carefully. I think the
exact locations have varied with OS version, and perhaps with
OEM/carrier tweaks. So my best suggestion is to look for the "right"
place. Look for files that match names in the existing list of alarms.
Look for folders with names that seem right. And then copy an mp3 or
wave file and see whether it shows up. Sorry I couldn't do better.

>Thanks!
>
>"r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 03:12:01 -0800, create_share
>> <createshare(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi!
>> >
>> >Is it possible to add Alarm Tones in Windows Mobile 6.1 Device (HTC HD)?
>>
>> Yes. You just need to put a small mp3 or wav file in one of the
>> "right" places (where the settings tool will find them). I put
>> ringtones in
>> \My Documents\My Ringtones
>> I _think_
>> \My Documents\
>> would work.
>>

>> >Thanks!

>> To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
>>
>> Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
>> PenFact, Inc.
>> 20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
>> Boston, MA 02116
>> www.penfact.com
>> .

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Todd Allcock on
On my WM6 device, all Alarm tones are .wav files and are in the \Windows
folder. Try copying it there and see if it can be found by the system.