From: Flopbot on
Hi,

I have an unbound form [Frm Volunteer Opportunities] with a sub form [SubFrm
Vol Opportunities]. The subform has the fields [Event ID] and [Event Date].
My unbound form has a command button on it.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is have Access automatically create 31 new
records in [SubFrm Vol Opportunities] whenever I click the button. I want
each new record to be dated 5/1/2010, 5/2/2010, 5/3/2010, and so on starting
and ending with the dates that I provide in pop-up parameter boxes.
Unfortunately, I don't know code although I can probably figure out where to
cut/paste it.

Yes, I will use each new record. This will greatly decrease the amount of
time spent entering data since I would typically be doing it every single
month.

Thank you for your help!

From: KARL DEWEY on
Create a table named CountNumber with field CountNUM containing numbers from
0 (zero) through 31.
Use this in your append query --
New_Dates: DateAdd("d", [CountNumber].[CountNUM],
CVDate([Forms]![YourForm]![Start_Date]))

Date_Spread: [CountNumber].[CountNUM]
with criteria --
<=DateDiff("d", CVDate([Forms]![YourForm]![Start_Date]),
CVDate([Forms]![YourForm]![End_Date]))

SELECT
DateAdd("d",[CountNumber].[CountNUM],CVDate([Forms]![YourForm]![Start_Date]))
AS New_Dates, [CountNumber].[CountNUM] AS Date_Spread
FROM CountNumber
WHERE
((([CountNumber].[CountNUM])<=DateDiff("d",CVDate([Forms]![YourForm]![Start_Date]),CVDate([Forms]![YourForm]![End_Date]))));

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Flopbot on
Karl,

I'm looking into Append Queries and will let you know what I find out
tomorrow. I guess MS must have 12 ways of doing everything.