From: Mr. X. on
I have a control.
On that control I have a button.
That is a control (I did it by : add new class, and inherits DataGridView).
On the new dataGridView there is a new property : Button b.

I want to catch events of that button (from the newDataGridView).

What should I do on the eventHandler ? :

AddHandler FNewButton.Click, btnNew_Click

Private Sub btnNew_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Click

(Handles what? Me.Click is not right, and b.click cannot be compiled).

Thanks :)

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 24.04.2010 17:58, schrieb Mr. X.:
> I have a control.
> On that control I have a button.
> That is a control (I did it by : add new class, and inherits DataGridView).
> On the new dataGridView there is a new property : Button b.
>
> I want to catch events of that button (from the newDataGridView).
>
> What should I do on the eventHandler ? :
>
> AddHandler FNewButton.Click, btnNew_Click
>
> Private Sub btnNew_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
> System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Click
>
> (Handles what? Me.Click is not right, and b.click cannot be compiled).

"Handles" works only with fields (variable at class level) declared with
the "Withevents" modifier. Doesn't AddHandler work?

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
O.K.
I add : withevents to the declaration of new object.
dim withevents b as button

I didn't have to add the line :
AddHandler ...

just add the line :
Private Sub btnNew_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles FNewButton.Click

Works fine.
Thanks :)