From: Michal Marek on
On 27.4.2010 00:20, Nicolas Palix wrote:
> +L: cocci(a)diku.dk

The list should be marked as "moderated for non-subscribers".

Michal
From: Sam Ravnborg on
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:24:03PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> Hej Nicolas.
>
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:11:16PM +0200, Nicolas Palix wrote:
> > Four targets are added. Each one generates a different
> > output kind: context, patch, org, report.
> > Every SmPL file in 'scripts/smpl' is given to the spatch frontend
> > (located in the 'scripts' directory), and applied to the entire
> > source tree.
>
> For outsiders smpl does not rellate to coccinelle.
>
> I suggest to consistently use the name of the tool in all places.
>
> So smpl directory to be named coccinelle
> SPATCH named coccinelle
> spatch.sh named coccinelle.sh
> etc.
>
> This way we use one name for one thing. And not today where you
> use three names for the same thing.
> The files may be named *.smpl - because their home in
>
> scripts/coccinelle/
>
> will tell what they are used for.

Looking again they are named *.cocci. So I confused myself on the smpl thing.
The point above consistent naming still holds.

Sam
From: Sam Ravnborg on
Hej Nicolas.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:11:16PM +0200, Nicolas Palix wrote:
> Four targets are added. Each one generates a different
> output kind: context, patch, org, report.
> Every SmPL file in 'scripts/smpl' is given to the spatch frontend
> (located in the 'scripts' directory), and applied to the entire
> source tree.

For outsiders smpl does not rellate to coccinelle.

I suggest to consistently use the name of the tool in all places.

So smpl directory to be named coccinelle
SPATCH named coccinelle
spatch.sh named coccinelle.sh
etc.

This way we use one name for one thing. And not today where you
use three names for the same thing.
The files may be named *.smpl - because their home in

scripts/coccinelle/

will tell what they are used for.

[I regret that I used CHECK to name the sparse tool].

Sam
From: Roland Dreier on
> > + "Take particularly attention when using the \"patch\" mode\n"\
>
> particular

Actually, "take particular attention" is not particularly grammatical.
I might phrase this as

Be especially careful when using the "patch" mode to review the patch
you are about to submit.

- R.
--
Roland Dreier <rolandd(a)cisco.com> || For corporate legal information go to:
From: Randy Dunlap on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:01:54 -0700 Roland Dreier wrote:

> > > + "Take particularly attention when using the \"patch\" mode\n"\
> >
> > particular
>
> Actually, "take particular attention" is not particularly grammatical.
> I might phrase this as
>
> Be especially careful when using the "patch" mode to review the patch
> you are about to submit.

Yes, or:

When using "patch" mode, carefully review the patch before submitting it.

---
~Randy