From: Annette on
Another user provided this code for creating a text box with font size
8/Arial. However, it is putting in color and a border. Since the recorder
was removed, I can not figure out how to add in no color and outline of text
box in addition, I want the text color black.

I monkeyed with this a bit to get the size correct:

Sub RefTextBox()

Dim myBox As Shape
Set myBox = ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle,
10, 10, 211, 15)
myBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "hello" 'put hello in the box
myBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 8 'make the font size of the box 8

End Sub

Thanks for help you provide.

From: David Marcovitz on
On 5/5/10 1:55 PM, Annette wrote:
> Sub RefTextBox()
>
> Dim myBox As Shape
> Set myBox = ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle,
> 10, 10, 211, 15)
> myBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "hello" 'put hello in the box
> myBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 8 'make the font size of the box 8
>
> End Sub

Perhaps adding these two lines:

myBox.Fill.Transparency = 1
myBox.Line.Transparency = 1

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
From: Annette on
Worked great and I even figured out how to add, make my text black in color
without further assistance!

Thanks again!

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
Just a point your code is adding a rectangle shape not a textbox which is why
you have a fill and line. Probably (depends on the default set) a textbox
would not show the fill / line.

Sub addtxt()
Dim mytxtbox As Shape
Set mytxtbox = ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes.AddTextbox _
(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, 10, 10, 211, 15)
With mytxtbox.TextFrame.TextRange
..Text = "Hello"
..Font.Size = 8
End With
End Sub
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: David Marcovitz on
That's great! And the second part is even better (that you were able to
figure out more on your own). Next thing you know you'll be answering
other people's questions here.
--David

On 5/5/10 6:23 PM, Annette wrote:
> Worked great and I even figured out how to add, make my text black in color
> without further assistance!
>
> Thanks again!
>

> "David Marcovitz"<marco(a)nospamloyola.edu> wrote in message
>> On 5/5/10 1:55 PM, Annette wrote:
>>> Sub RefTextBox()
>>>
>>> Dim myBox As Shape
>>> Set myBox =
>>> ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle,
>>> 10, 10, 211, 15)
>>> myBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "hello" 'put hello in the box
>>> myBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 8 'make the font size of the box 8
>>>
>>> End Sub
>>
>> Perhaps adding these two lines:
>>
>> myBox.Fill.Transparency = 1
>> myBox.Line.Transparency = 1
>>

>> --
>> David M. Marcovitz
>> Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
>> http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
>> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
>> Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland

Pages: 1
Prev: VBA code in PPT2007
Next: Graphs in Powerpoint