From: BillW50 on
In news:yqqdnVYq3poE_6fRnZ2dnUVZ_vSdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net,
Christopher Muto typed on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 20:32:14 -0400:
> BillW50 wrote:
>> In news:9tidnSAO6sRApqfRnZ2dnUVZ_vCdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net,
>> Christopher Muto typed on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:46:57 -0400:
>>> first of all dell did not sell this product with any machine that
>>> they sold with windows 7.
>>> the vista driver works in windows 7 and you should be glad that it
>>> does. you seem to think that dell is required to test their
>>> discontinued products with all future operating systems and provide
>>> drivers for them indefinitely.
>>> you seem to have a deep sense of entitlement and are completely
>>> unappreciative of not just the people in this group but of dell too.
>>> you bought something with little knowledge of it to work in an
>>> operating system for which there is no driver and post your question
>>> and your follow ups here without as much as a please or thank you.
>>> please do sell the machine so that we don't have to hear from you
>>> again.
>>
>> Easy Christopher! You are right, but take it easy. ;-)
>>

> it isn't his first time. had he not changed his email address from
> his previous .com to his new .org the whole thread would have
> deservedly gone directly to my kill file, at least i won't have to
> see his inevitable wining about how the card doesn't recognize his
> bluetooth devices when the machine restarts or comes out of sleep
> mode. but i am sure he doesn't want me to tell him how to solve that
> ;)

Thanks for the heads up Christopher!

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

From: BillW50 on
In
Justin typed on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:08:28 -0400:
> Get a Mac you won't have those problems.
> Hell even Ubuntu recognized the 355.

Actually Consumer Reports polled users of laptop reliably and Apple came
out in the middle.

Repairs and Serious Problems
----------------------------
Toshiba 16%
Sony 17%
Compaq 18%
Acer 19%
Apple 19%
HP 20%
Gateway 20%
Dell 21%
Lenovo 21%

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/computers-internet/computers/laptop-ratings/brand-reliability.htm

And my Ubuntu machine came with support for 3 media types. While my
Windows XP supports over 250+. Plus Ubuntu hits the CPU three times
harder than Windows XP does on the same machines. Plus there are not any
good applications for Linux anyway. Thus my Linux machines are often
turned off. I have to admit they are pretty reliable living in the off
state virtually all of the time. ;-)

From: Justin on
In article <i1hlk1$avb$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
"BillW50" <BillW50(a)aol.kom> wrote:

> In news:yqqdnVYq3poE_6fRnZ2dnUVZ_vSdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net,
> Christopher Muto typed on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 20:32:14 -0400:
> > BillW50 wrote:
> >> In news:9tidnSAO6sRApqfRnZ2dnUVZ_vCdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net,
> >> Christopher Muto typed on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:46:57 -0400:
> >>
> >> Easy Christopher! You are right, but take it easy. ;-)
> >>

> > it isn't his first time. had he not changed his email address from
> > his previous .com to his new .org the whole thread would have
> > deservedly gone directly to my kill file, at least i won't have to
> > see his inevitable wining about how the card doesn't recognize his
> > bluetooth devices when the machine restarts or comes out of sleep
> > mode. but i am sure he doesn't want me to tell him how to solve that
> > ;)
>
> Thanks for the heads up Christopher!

Actually I already addressed that issue.
Bluetooth is working perfectly; even after coming out of sleep mode.
As you can See his knowledge isn't as impressive as he would like you to
believe.
From: Justin on
In article <i1hm0t$cgi$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
"BillW50" <BillW50(a)aol.kom> wrote:

> In
> le.com,
> Justin typed on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:08:28 -0400:
> > Get a Mac you won't have those problems.
> > Hell even Ubuntu recognized the 355.
>
> Actually Consumer Reports polled users of laptop reliably and Apple came
> out in the middle.
>
> Repairs and Serious Problems
> ----------------------------
> Toshiba 16%
> Sony 17%
> Compaq 18%
> Acer 19%
> Apple 19%
> HP 20%
> Gateway 20%
> Dell 21%
> Lenovo 21%

There isn't much of a spread.
Look where Dell is.

> http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/computers-internet/co
> mputers/laptop-ratings/brand-reliability.htm
>
> And my Ubuntu machine came with support for 3 media types. While my
> Windows XP supports over 250+. Plus Ubuntu hits the CPU three times
> harder than Windows XP does on the same machines. Plus there are not any
> good applications for Linux anyway. Thus my Linux machines are often
> turned off. I have to admit they are pretty reliable living in the off
> state virtually all of the time. ;-)

Sounds like you don't look very hard. Linux is what it is; that's why I
mainly use my Mac.