|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
SATA 3.0 Dell server this Fall?
eeTimes reports that Micron will start mass producing its new SATA 3.0 SSDs in October. http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4206123/Micron-rolls-enterprise-SSD-with-SATA-6-Gbps-interface An excerpt: "Available in 50, 100 and 200-gigabyte capacities, the RealSSD P300 drive is targeted primarily at enterp... 13 Aug 2010 14:39
I'm Having HDD Issues :(
*My C drive is fine. 90% empty/free. Error check was uneventful but defrag said some files couldn't be defragged and said to view those files in the report. The report box showed no files that couldn't be defragmented. *My internal backup drive (E) is FULL. 14% free. Time to upgrade. It can't even defrag... 13 Aug 2010 19:02
610 Workstation still rattling badly
Hi.. posted on this before. I own a 610 Workstation and must say the case it one big piece of junk. For over a year, I've been cutting and sticking 1/4" wide strips of adhesive-back rubber foam on every conceivable seam in the case, but STILL cannot resolve the rattling. The worst is the front panel. It's on t... 12 Aug 2010 10:21
Question about autorun?
I have WinXP sp3 HomeEdition on dell 8200. What is the best way to turn off AUTORUN. I have seen sveral was of doing this. Autorun keeps opening twice when ever i insert a disk in either drives. Thanks Larry ... 11 Aug 2010 01:41
Stupid Question
A few months ago I bought a new Inspiron 1545. I ordered it with a stronger processor, more memory & a larger HDD. I overlooked the video chip. I came standard with an Intel chip. My question is is the chip replaceable, in other words can I order an ATI chip and swap them out? The last laptop I opened up w... 10 Aug 2010 15:47
The tech support ritual
For BSODs in a new Latitude XP Pro, tech chat, after running diagnostics found nothing, suggests reinstalling XP clean. No harm to try; but it's a ritual on a new machine. It does get rid of bloatware. My own hunch is it's a HD controller. Is that in the HD or on the motherboard? BSOD history photos ht... 12 Aug 2010 10:21
Search Desktop
Dell XP At the bottom of the screen on the last bar is a box that says (search desktop). How do I get rid of it. TIA ... 13 Aug 2010 13:34
Latitude On Reader???
I got this as a free option on my wife's new Lat 1610. It seems to just be a way to read outlook mail without a full Windows login. Does it just read mail that was written to the Reader (D) drive while windows was running, or does it actually connect to the mail server and up/down load new mail? I do not ... 7 Aug 2010 12:33
gx240 tower
Does anyone know what other MB's that are usb 2.0 that would fit into my gx240 tower. mc ... 9 Aug 2010 13:25
To all Thanks for the help!
Larry <Larry(a)nospamme.net> wrote in news:Xns9DC89B39C1F21Larrynospammenet(a)216.196.97.130: Want to revert to a earlier flash player from 10beta to version 9.Easiest method or methods. Thanks Larry Thanks Larry ... 6 Aug 2010 13:45
Bootable eSata backup software?
I recently bought an iomega eSata/USB external hard drive. On the box they touted some of their software that claimed to be able to create a bootable backup image on the external hard drive. I googled their software and it did not sound good. But I love the concept. Create a partition on the EHD the same... 8 Aug 2010 23:16
Service request report
Today I called Dell service because of a non-functioning wired NIC in a Latitude D830. I had determined to my satisfaction before calling that it was a hardware problem. 10 minutes after calling I was speaking with a human in the Philippines. He was intelligent and had excellent communication skills. A... 13 Aug 2010 10:16
Recovery Media Disk?
They just added an option to the Lat 6510 build: "Recovery Media Disk" Is that a real OS disk? This option was not on the build menu a couple of days ago. Hopefully, -- Andrew Hall (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...) ... 4 Aug 2010 21:15
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11