From: ahall on

Today I called Dell service because of a non-functioning
wired NIC in a Latitude D830.

I had determined to my satisfaction before calling that it
was a hardware problem.

10 minutes after calling I was speaking with a human in
the Philippines. He was intelligent and had excellent
communication skills.

After 30 minutes of his trying a few additional things he
scheduled a motherboard replacement. This was after 6:00
pm Eastern, so NBD will be Monday.

So that was a lot better than I had feared. Hopefully
the new hardware will take care of the problem.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)
From: ahall on
<ahall(a)no-spam-panix.com> writes:

> Today I called Dell service because of a non-functioning
> wired NIC in a Latitude D830.
>
> I had determined to my satisfaction before calling that it
> was a hardware problem.
>
> 10 minutes after calling I was speaking with a human in
> the Philippines. He was intelligent and had excellent
> communication skills.
>
> After 30 minutes of his trying a few additional things he
> scheduled a motherboard replacement. This was after 6:00
> pm Eastern, so NBD will be Monday.
>
> So that was a lot better than I had feared. Hopefully
> the new hardware will take care of the problem.

Update, the tech actually came today (1:30 Eastern) and
had the new (doubtless refurb) mb in the old machine by 2:15
and the wired connection was fixed.

Not bad.

From: computerlaptop on

Hi
What ever i know about dell.Dell provide home service for his client.

--
computerlaptop