From: Larry on
I have WinXP sp3 HomeEdition on dell 8200. What is the best way to turn
off AUTORUN. I have seen sveral was of doing this. Autorun keeps opening
twice when ever i insert a disk in either drives.
Thanks Larry
From: Ben Myers on
On 8/10/2010 9:45 PM, Larry wrote:
> I have WinXP sp3 HomeEdition on dell 8200. What is the best way to turn
> off AUTORUN. I have seen sveral was of doing this. Autorun keeps opening
> twice when ever i insert a disk in either drives.
> Thanks Larry

This may not be the best way, but here is one way:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715

Another approach:

http://autorun.moonvalley.com/enable.htm

Finally, the official US Govt pronouncement, courtesy of US-CERT:

http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA09-020A.html

Remember: Google is your friend... Ben Myers
From: Larry on
Ben Myers <ben_myers(a)charter.net> wrote in news:i3t9fg$cv8$1(a)news.eternal-
september.org:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715

Thnaks for info. That's what i saw when i googled. I saw a third way but i
think thats for a different make of XP, gpedit or pgedit can't remember
which way its spelled. I have tried the moonvalley way. Still would like to
find out why it runs more then once though.
Thanks Larry