From: forest8 on
Hi there

I am working on an Access database with another person.

Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
because he made references to this library.

How do I find and download this library?

Thank you for your advance in advance.

From: Banana on
On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am working on an Access database with another person.
>
> Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
> because he made references to this library.
>
> How do I find and download this library?
>
> Thank you for your advance in advance.

I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
OS, which is why it's not available for download.

But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
get you started.

Best of luck!

From: forest8 on
I don't understand. What am i supposed to do?

"Banana" wrote:

> On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I am working on an Access database with another person.
> >
> > Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
> > because he made references to this library.
> >
> > How do I find and download this library?
> >
> > Thank you for your advance in advance.
>
> I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
> is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
> OS, which is why it's not available for download.
>
> But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
> usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
> burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
> google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
> get you started.
>
> Best of luck!
>
> .

Pages: 1