From: Kev on
I've been reading man threads regarding adding a second domain to SBS 2003,
and it seems very easy, but SBS 2008 is different due to Exchange 2007.

I have added a second domain via Accepted Domains.

I am able to receive emails fine from both Domains. But sending is a
different question, and is it even possible?

I have a client with two companies and they need to send emails from
different companies.

I read a few about setting up a security group and assigning a SEND AS, but
when I tried that, I receive this error;

"You are not allowed to send this message because you are trying to send on
behalf of another sender without permission to do so. Please verify that you
are sending on behalf of the correct sender, or ask your system administrator
to help you get the required permission."

I've tried to assign the Send on Behalf, and it still fails. (I removed the
Send As permission)

I've tried creating a new email user and I am able to sending using the
second domain via OWA, but when I try to setup the SEND AS or Send on Behalf
of, I receive the same error message above.

Any thoughts links on how to setup this up correct? Or is it even possible?

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
there are several ways to do this, here are some. None are very friendly,
and none scale very well.

1. Try third party program <http://ivasoft.biz/&gt <http://ivasoft.biz/&gt;>;

2. Create distribution group for each reply address with the sender the
only member of the group. Using "sales" as an example:

Remove the address 'sales' from your mailbox Create distribution list (DL)
called 'sales' setting your mailbox as the only recipient Verify it gets
the address 'sales@' Grant 'sendas' on this DL for your user Test DL correctly
recieves external e-mail to sales@ and dumps it in your mbx In outlook you
should be able to click on the 'from' button and pick the DL 'sales'

3. Public Folders:

Remove the address 'sales' from your mailbox Create Public folder called
'sales' Mail enable folder and verify it gets the address 'sales@' Set appropriate
permissions, leaving anonymous to contribute Make sure the PF address/name
is visible in the GAL Grant 'sendas' for your user Test folder correctly
recieves external e-mail to sales@ In outlook you should be able to click
on the 'from' button and pick the PF 'sales'

4. Set up a POP3 account for the secondary SMTP address in user's Outlook

In user's Outlook profile, please configure an MAPI account for the primary
SMTP address, and configure a POP3 account for the secondary SMTP address.
After deploying such settings, you will have two accounts in Outlook profile.
When sending messages, you can select the account for the "From" field.

HTH.

-Larry

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.

-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com