From: Daddy on
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

The computers on my wireless network are all programmed with the network SSID and password, obviously. Now I want to add a computer to the network with a wired connection.

The wired computer doesn't need to know the SSID or password, right? I mean, of course right, since the SSID/password combination is only used to authenticate wireless devices.

Right?

Daddy

From: Daddy on
"Frankster" <frank(a)SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:HbCdnXfIr7mqAeHWnZ2dnUVZ_h-dnZ2d(a)giganews.com...

> "Daddy" <daddy(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I just wanted to be
> 100% sure.
>
> The computers on my wireless network are all programmed with the network
> SSID and password, obviously. Now I want to add a computer to the network
> with a wired connection.
>
> The wired computer doesn't need to know the SSID or password, right? I mean,
> of course right, since the SSID/password combination is only used to
> authenticate wireless devices.
>
> Right?
>
> Daddy
>
> Right.
>
> -Frank

Thanks. Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else. :-)

Daddy

Pages: 1
Prev: EAP/TLS Certificate query
Next: Two Questios