From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> Scott Sauyet wrote:
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>>>
>>> Either you did not use a user agent that supports sizeable TBODYs (which
>>> includes Firefox/Iceweasel 3.6.3) or something is wrong with my feature-
>>> testing that.
>>
>> For me, in FF3.6.3, the TBODY is scrolling properly, and if I call
>>
>> scroller.toggleScroll(true);
>>
>> from the console it toggles as expected, but the button is not
>> visible.
>
> Confirmed. It works locally, though, so probably there is a remote
> library version mismatch (I am currently updating those manually, while
> the Matrix files get updated automatically via SVN commit). I'll look
> into it.

Fixed. (As I suspected, a remote library was not up-to-date. The new
dhtml.js revision 174 has dom.addClassName() return `true' on success which
is essential for the callback unhiding the button to be called in the
Matrix's table.js.)

>> And if I try making that call from IE8's console it returns true, but
>> also reports some error and does not change the scroll behavior.
>
> No error message in Wine IE 6. Before I need to switch to Windows:
> With cleaned cache, what exactly is the error reported, please?

I would still like to know more about this one.

PointedEars
From: Scott Sauyet on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Scott Sauyet wrote:
>>> And if I try making that call from IE8's console it returns true, but
>>> also reports some error and does not change the scroll behavior.
>
>> No error message in Wine IE 6.  Before I need to switch to Windows:
>> With cleaned cache, what exactly is the error reported, please?
>
> I would still like to know more about this one.

I will try it again tomorrow when I have access to Windows.

-- Scott
From: Scott Sauyet on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Scott Sauyet wrote:
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>
>>> You don't need scripting for that, then.
>
>> Maybe not, but I think anything that would do this with straight CSS
>> would involve a significant change in page markup.  It might be
>> doable, but it doesn't seem straightforward.
>
> I am 96% sure that the markup does not need significant change, if at all..

Oh, I am 100% certain that the markup does need significant change.
But perhaps not to solve this issue! :-)

>>> ISTM CSS can readily provide this.
>
>> That's easy to do if there is no fixed-size header.
>
> I don't see why that would be relevant.

It's simply that if I try to give this main table a percentage height
and combine it with the fixed height header, I would run into issues.
Perhaps putting a negative margin on the header offsetting some fixed
padding of a container holding it and the table, and making them equal
to the size of... wait a second, I'm back off cljs again. Maybe I'll
go check out ciwa.stylesheets or CSS Discuss.

Again, thanks for the help,

-- Scott
From: Scott Sauyet on
On May 9, 9:06 pm, Scott Sauyet <scott.sau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>
>>> No error message in Wine IE 6.  Before I need to switch to Windows:
>>> With cleaned cache, what exactly is the error reported, please?
>
>> I would still like to know more about this one.
>
> I will try it again tomorrow when I have access to Windows.

When I load up IE8's Developer Tools, and enter
"scroller.toggleScroll(true);" in the console, it returns true, and
then shows an error icon with the text "Invalid argument". The
pointer is to "compressed_rpc.js, line 1 character 45742". I get the
same behavior if I supply "false" or supply no parameter at all.

IE 8.0.6001.18702 on Windows XP SP2.

--
Scott
First  |  Prev  |