From: Rashmi on
I have data in a sheet with names and amounts due. Like

A 500
B 300
A 600
B 300
C 400
C 200

There is a second sheet named summary. I want the totals of each person to
appear in the summary sheet. These should be linked cells and any change in
data in sheet 1 should be updtaed automatically
From: ozgrid.com on
Create a PivotTable
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Jacob Skaria on
Hi Rashmi

If you are looking for formulas; with data in sheet1 ColA/B and with the
unique list of names in Sheet2 ColA; try the below formula..

With name in Sheet2 cell A1; try the below formula in cell B1

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1,Sheet1!B:B)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Eduardo on
Hi,
Let's say that in the summary sheet your names are in column A starting in
row 2, and the data is in a sheet called data, names in column A and amounts
in column B, so in column B of the summary enter

=sumproduct(--(A2=Data!$A$2:$A$10000),data!$B$2:$B$10000)