From: Noel on
I would like to apply a conditional format to a selection of cells that will
change the fill to gray when the value in another cell = "No". So, let's say
"No" was input into cell A1, if so then cells B1 through E1 would
automatically fill with gray. If the value in A1 is blank or "Yes" or
anything else, then no formatting would occur in those cells because data
would need to be input in them. Is it possible to do this?
From: Fred Smith on
In B1, create a conditional format of:
=$A$1="No"
and set the fill to gray.

Now copy the format of B1 down to E1 (right-drag the fill handle and choose
Fill Formatting Only).

Regards,
Fred