From: Felix on
Hi !
I have a multi-section document in which each section begins with a level-1
header.
I need the level-1 heading text for each section to be in the footer. I'm
currently doing it the hard way by manually inserting cross-references in the
odd-page and even-page footers of each section. The problem with this is that
if I make any changes (insert or delete section breaks), my cross-references
break or point to the heading text from another section.

Is there any way to automate this by creating a variable that could be in
all the footers and call the level-1 heading text from the current section
and display it in the footer?

Thanks!
From: Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com on
Use a style ref field in the footer. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

Pam

From: Felix on
Excellent! Thank you so much!