From: Jim Thomlinson on
Well I have never done that before... Obviously.

hanks Dave.

Note to the OP... that is not an XL specific setting. That is a modification
that affects the LookIn: globally.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Gord Dibben on
In Excel 2003 go to File>Open and browse to find My Favorites.

With that folder selected Tools>Add to My Places.

In 2007 same thing except after browsing to My Favorites, right-click on the
My Places pane and "Add folder name"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Dave Peterson on
I think that this ability was added in xl2002. But in xl2k, there was a COM
addin that you could use instead. (xl97 and before are out of luck.)

--

Dave Peterson
From: Gord Dibben on
Jim

Keep an eye on this thread for replies to OP

I think OP is wanting to add to "My Places".

Gord

From: Big UT Fan on
Jim,
Got that this is clearly a global setting versus an Excel setting but I
just wanted a solution. Definitely works for me...what does "OP" stand for
in relation to this forum?

Thanks, Mike