From: Big UT Fan on
How do I add new "places" in the File -> Open panel specifically the "Look
In:" pre-selected locations? Thanks!
From: Dave Peterson on
Open the File|Open dialog
Traverse to the folder that you want to add
Click on Tools, then Add to my places

If you don't see see that option, share the version of excel you're using.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Jim Thomlinson on
I don't believe you can. That dialog is actually controlled by your operating
system and not XL. XL just accesses that dialog using the Windows API. That
is why no matter what program you use the dialogs for open, close, SaveAs are
all the same. The OS controls storage and retrieval functions.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Big UT Fan on
Jim,
Thanks for the reply. I recently replaced my HDD and before I did that I
did have "My Favorites" in the "Look In:" section whereas I don't any longer.
Any idea how to get "My Favorites" to show up under Files-Open? If I can do
that it's a big help.

Thanks.

From: Big UT Fan on
Dave,