From: Andrew E. on
Actually you'd want to run services.msc
Go to run,type:services.msc Locate the program or service,double click
on it,then select "auto start" close out msc.

From: Ol�rin on
????

Please provide a walkthrough of how to do that with, say, MS Word.

But of course, you won't answer; you never do.

From: VanguardLH on
Andrew E. wrote:

> Mike van der Merwe wrote:
>
>> How do I go about adding a program to the msconfig system
>> coniguration utility start up tab I would like a certain program to
>> start together with the other programs in the startup list on the
>> right hand side of the toolbar
>
> Actually you'd want to run services.msc Go to run,type:services.msc
> Locate the program or service,double click on it,then select "auto
> start" close out msc.

And how do YOU know that what the OP wants to start on Windows startup
(or perhaps on account login) has anything to do with a service? So
far, all we know is that the OP is using the *wrong* utility to define a
startup item. We don't know if the OP wants to add a Startup group
item, a Run key item, a WinLogon item, a login script, a scheduled task
configured to run on login, or a service. However, considering the OP's
question, it's pretty obvious that the OP hasn't a clue how to prep a
program that someone else wrote to run as a service.