From: Roger Pack on

> * Regexp.union shortcut
>
> /Ruby\d/ | /test/i | "cheat"
> # creates a Regexp similar to:
> # /(Ruby\d|[tT][eE][sS][tT]|cheat)/
> What's your opinion about these methods?

I like the regex one.

From: yermej on
On Aug 6, 2:41 pm, Jan Lelis <p...(a)janlelis.de> wrote:
> Hi, I've collected some nice little additions to Ruby and put them in a
> gem called zucker.

I was going to give it a try, but when I installed it (sudo gem
install zucker), I only ended up with the /var/lib/gems/1.8
directories and none of the /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/ directories.

I'm running Linux Mint 9.

$ gem -v
1.3.5
$ ruby -v
From: Jan Lelis on
Thank you all for your feedback :)

Benoit Daloze wrote:
> I extended a bit the concept to allow multiple syntax:
> http://github.com/eregon/Classes/blob/master/to_proc.rb
> I would not use any of these for serious code, however.

I like the chaining idea ;)

@yermej Looks like if something is wrong with your Rubygems
installation. Did you install it from the repositories or from source?

J-_-L

From: yermej on
On Aug 7, 5:28 pm, Jan Lelis <p...(a)janlelis.de> wrote:
> Thank you all for your feedback :)
>
> Benoit Daloze wrote:
> > I extended a bit the concept to allow multiple syntax:
> >http://github.com/eregon/Classes/blob/master/to_proc.rb
> > I would not use any of these for serious code, however.
>
> I like the chaining idea ;)
>
> @yermej Looks like if something is wrong with your Rubygems
> installation. Did you install it from the repositories or from source?
>
> J-_-L

Yeah, looks like something is wrong with my machine. I've used gems in
the past on this machine, but I must have broken something.