From: Eskercat on
Hi
I have a column called year group, one called total attendance and one
called possible total. I would like to create the total % attendance for the
group year 7 by adding up the total attendances and making this a % of the
possible total:

e.g.

Year 7, 213, 290
Year 8, 214, 290
Year 7, 203, 270
Year 8, 213, 260

So I would like to add only those that relate to year 7, and then create a %.

Is this possible?
From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

Try this

=sumif($B$2:$B$5,D7,$C$2:$C$5)/sumif($B$2:$B$5,D7,$D$2:$D$5)

D7 has Year 7. I have assumed that the data below is in range B2:D5
--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP