From: SolveIT on
Our Outlook 2003 desktop user has 5 gb of mail in his Exchange mailbox. He's
the President, he can have what he wants ;-)
We configured his 2nd. computer, a laptop, with Outlook 2003 over HTTP and
the size of his mailbox almost doubled while synchronizing the laptop to
Exchange. It looks like Exchange is viewing the synchronized messages on the
laptop as additional data and doubling the amount of data in the user's
mailbox.
What can we do to resolve this?
The server is Windows 2008 SBS.
Thanks for any help.
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 15:52:02 -0700, SolveIT
<SolveIT(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Our Outlook 2003 desktop user has 5 gb of mail in his Exchange mailbox. He's
>the President, he can have what he wants ;-)
>We configured his 2nd. computer, a laptop, with Outlook 2003 over HTTP and
>the size of his mailbox almost doubled while synchronizing the laptop to
>Exchange. It looks like Exchange is viewing the synchronized messages on the
>laptop as additional data and doubling the amount of data in the user's
>mailbox.
>What can we do to resolve this?

If the way you describe the synchronization is correct (FROM the
laptop TO Exchange) then you probably have a PST on the laptop. If
that's so, you aren't synchronizing anythng, you're importing them
from one storage media (the PST) to another (the mailbox).
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP