From: Jim in Cleveland on
Is there a limit to the number of contacts you can have in a contact list?
We are currently running Exchange 2003 and just upgraded to Outlook 2007. If
there is a limit, is it an Outlook limit or an Exchange limit?

TIA,

Jim

P.S. Is there a difference between a contact list and a distribution list?
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 17:05:02 -0700, Jim in Cleveland
<JiminCleveland(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a limit to the number of contacts you can have in a contact list?
>We are currently running Exchange 2003 and just upgraded to Outlook 2007. If
>there is a limit, is it an Outlook limit or an Exchange limit?

IIRC the number's around 145.

[ snip ]

>P.S. Is there a difference between a contact list and a distribution list?

If you mean a Distribution Group in the Active Directory, yes.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP