From: a a r o n . k e m p f on
It's not really practical to code this.

I would call up Experian QAS and buy their address verification
software

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Jon Lewis" <jon.lewis(a)cutthespambtinternet.com> wrote in message
>I know it's not easy logic and I'm not bothered with data cleasing - I just
>need an algorithm to use for splitting a chunk of Contact data from say a
>web page to paste into a database of separate address fields via a check
>form (like the Outlook form described in my original post). I thought that
>Outlook's method may have been replicated though I'm not too hopeful!

Have you checked to see if you can do this by automating Outlook?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: "Jon Lewis" jon.lewis on
I thought about it Dirk but I don't really want Outlook dependency - guess
I'll have to roll my own.
Thanks

From: Boris Pauljev on
dim sFirstName$
dim sLastName$
dim sTitle$
dim sStreet$
dim sZipCode$
dim sCountry$
(...)

dim sLines() as string
sLines = Split(uText, vbnewline)

dim l&
for l = 0 to ubound(slines)

dim sLine$
sLine = slines(l)

if len(sline)=0 then 'if this line is not empty and not erased by ourselves

'Try to find country first because it's most easy to determine it
if len(sCountry)=0 then
if IsCountry(sLine) then
sCountry = sLine
sLines(l) =""'erase it to clean up what was already processed
end if
elseif len(szipcode)=0 then
if iszipcode(sline) then
sZipCode = sLine
slines(l) = ""'erase it to clean up what was already processed
end if
else
(...)
end if
next l

.... the rest is your work.

From: Jon Lewis on
Thanks Boris, I've now started working on very similar logic!

Jon